Saturday, September 8, 2007

What's Wrong with UCA's TV Behind Torreyson Library?

As I trek across campus, I usually catch a peek at the day's events on CNN playing on the jumbo screen back behind Torreyson Library. I say usually...because nothing has been playing on it at all.

Is it off? Is it broken?

I hope not...surely a $250,000 TV from 2004 has some kind of guarantee.

Perhaps it isn't broken at all. Maybe there are new plans for it?

After reading the article....I never knew that area was called "Technology Plaza"...

I also see all the stuff about it being for open-air classrooms. Well...I guess that could work, but I wouldn't want to take one. On hot days, those benches around the tables are BLAZING hot. You have to sit on your backpack...definitely. On windy days...well...it's windy. On rainy days...well...you get the picture.

Classrooms or not...having the news available was a nice way to stay in touch with what was going on in the world while on campus...

hopefully it'll be back soon

No comments: